Under 21 Violations - Fraudulent Use Law
Effective July 1, 1994, the "FRAUDULENT USE" law took a strong stand against using false identification to obtain alcohol. It is also against this law to use false identification to get into a licensed premises where alcohol is sold.
This means you can be cited if you are under 21 and use fake identification to buy alcohol or use the fake identification to get into a bar or club.
If you break this law:
- You face criminal prosecution and administrative license action.
- A citation will be issued and you will have to go to court.
- The DMV must revoke your driver's license, learner's permit, or privilege to get a license.
The revocation periods for using fake ID are:
- County Florida – Here The Driver Tax License Is Alachua New 60 days for the first revocation
- 1 year for the second or subsequent revocation